Welcome to Cytomark - A division of Caltag Medsystems
Cytomark are dedicated to the development of cell stabilisation reagents for use in Flow Cytometry. TransFix® reduces the pressure associated with the analysis of fresh samples and is widely used in hospitals, reference laboratories, academic research institutions, pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, and government agencies.
Transfix® bulk is intended for stabilising human whole blood specimens for immunophenotyping of white blood cells by flow cytometry. It is available as a CE/IVD and US GPR product, and can be purchased in 20ml or 1ml containers.
TransFix® can also be used for a variety of specimen types including: cerebrospinal fluid, lymph nodes, bone marrow, animal blood, and circulating tumour cells. An abundance of literature can be found in the Cytomark bibliography on all these sample types
TransFix® has been validated with a number of specific sample types and optimised with specially designed sample collection tubes:
- TransFix/EDTA Vacuum Blood Collection Tubes (TVTs)
- TransFix/EDTA CSF Sample Storage Tubes
- Circulating Tumour Cell TransFix/EDTA Vacuum Blood Collection Tubes
- TransFix Sample Storage Tubes
Benefits of TransFix®
- Stabilises cell surface antigens and prevents cellular degradation for up to 14 days
- Easy to use – just add TransFix® and mix by inversion
- Ensures sample integrity during transportation between clinical sites
- Eliminates the need for weekend and evening work
- Reduces the impact of unexpected machine breakdown or staff shortages
- Allows for repeat testing of samples without the need for patient recall and repeat sampling
- Greater efficiency in testing – allows for batching of samples prior to testing
- Reduction in costs associated with the above advantages
If you are having difficulty downloading product data or require further information, please contact us.